: What do you like about UKww? - What would you add if you could? -

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »

What do you like about UKww? - What would you add if you could?

#1 User is offline   admin 

• Administrator
  • Group: Administrators

Posted --

What do you as a member like about UKweatherworld? It could be one thing, it could be many things, it could even be nothing (lets hope not ;) )

If it were down to you, what would you change or add to UKww as a weather forum. Would you add a premium service for members or perhaps an area where you can learn more about the weather?

We want your views, after all, UKww is nothing without it's members, and we want you to be happy :)

#2 User is offline   Dan G 

• Group: Chasers
  • LocationExeter, UK

Posted --

The ability to filter out threads from certain forums from the Top 50 (would require a ASP hacker to do I guess). In fact I guess as this forum is closed source its not possible at all...

A library of instructional articles, probably drawn from good answers to questions asked in threads

#3 User is offline   Maalie 

• Group: Frouks

Posted --

I would find useful a thread that lists acronyms and abbreviations. It could be updated regularly as new ones appear.

#4 User is offline   John Hill 

• Group: Members

Posted --

The thing i like the most about UKWW is that you are not judged on how much knowledge you do have on any aspects of weather but everyones opinions are took on board. It is really intresting reading all the 'experts' contributions to the forum and this is the first website that i come on when i sign onto the internet.
But to top all that, its about being in a community that all shares the same passion.

#5 User is offline   Dan G 

• LocationExeter, UK

Posted --

New thread buttons for each forum in the Forum Category view

#6 User is offline   mixerman 

• LocationShrewsbury

Posted --

i agree fully with john,i have a keen interest in all things weather but not the knowledge to back it up-well yet,leading me on to say that the expert articles, views and opinions are like an online course.everybody made to feel welcome and some incredible material to be found.

the one thing i would change is the profile image used by mr village,i saw this in a weird dream the other night and it is starting to give me the willys [dunno].

#7 User is offline   admin 

• Administrator

Posted --

Thanks for your posts so far chaps [y]

Keep them coming

#8 User is offline   00ctober 

• LocationWrightington, W Lancs, 97masl

Posted --

You could add a whole new forum where people who enjoy the weather but don't have much understanding of it can post in a less scientific way about the days weather events, ask those questions you daren't usually ask for risk of looking silly and so on.

I only suggest this as there are so many registered members who don't post much and all the guests too. It could be like an introduction to them to post to each other with the regulars chipping in to answer the questions and stuff.

It's not supposed to sound patronising, it would just be a way to gradually build up the confidence and knowledge and have fun with people in the same boat at the same time.

I posted very infrequently for ages and even now don't post as often as I'd like to - mainly because of my lack of knowledge scientifically. With this idea in place I reckon I'd have become a regular poster more quickly.

Would anyone be interested in posting in this sort of forum?

#9 User is offline   JanetB138 

Posted --

I would like to see a few more Weather articles, one especially would be  members to write in how they coped when they were caught out in a Weather situation, that would be  good reading.

#10 User is offline   Dave W 

• Group: Executive
  • LocationBrighton

Posted --

There was a good long thread about that somewhere that could be made into an article..

#11 User is offline   Dan G 

• LocationExeter, UK

Posted --

00ctober - 13/1/2007 01:15

You could add a whole new forum where people who enjoy the weather but don't have much understanding of it can post in a less scientific way about the days weather events, ask those questions you daren't usually ask for risk of looking silly and so on.

I only suggest this as there are so many registered members who don't post much and all the guests too. It could be like an introduction to them to post to each other with the regulars chipping in to answer the questions and stuff.

It's not supposed to sound patronising, it would just be a way to gradually build up the confidence and knowledge and have fun with people in the same boat at the same time.

I posted very infrequently for ages and even now don't post as often as I'd like to - mainly because of my lack of knowledge scientifically. With this idea in place I reckon I'd have become a regular poster more quickly.

Would anyone be interested in posting in this sort of forum?

I know what you mean, but if anything the way round this is just to jump in post. I'm never afraid to ask a question, even if it turns out to be daft! If more people do it, others will see it and it will encourage them...

#12 User is offline   Linda Bennett 

Posted --

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but as of the time of posting this message, we have 1,999 visitors to this site today!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this a record??

#13 User is offline   Linda Bennett 

Posted --

Update!! We now have had 2,009 !!!!!!!!!!!!

#14 User is offline   Linda Bennett 

Posted --

Update - 2,016

#15 User is offline   Linda Bennett 

Posted --

By the way - does anyone keep a record of these sorts of numbers?

#16 User is offline   Linda Bennett 

Posted --

Update - 2,025

#17 User is offline   admin 

• Administrator

Posted --

Hi Linda, visitor history logs are stored in the back end I believe, and over 2000 is high, but i'm not sure it's the highest ever. It's possibly the highest since our forum software upgrade in March 06 though.

#18 User is offline   Linda Bennett 

Posted --

Ok. Thanks, Dave. I will take a look.

We are now up to 2,044.

#19 User is offline   Linda Bennett 

Posted --

I lie! It is now 2050!!!

#20 User is offline   Linda Bennett 

Posted --