The quiz is back, different but hopefully familiar, a bit like a meteorological Dr Who... Some differences to Andy's but hopefully some continuity as well. Maybe some changes as we go alone - we'll see ;)
- Q1 What will be the mean temperature for the month? 50 pts if with .1C, 30 pts if with .5C 20 pts if within 1C, 10 pts if within 2C
- Q2 What will be the sunshine anomaly for the month? 50 pts if within 5%, 20 pts for within 20%, 10 pts for within 40%
- Q3 What will be the rainfall anomaly for the month? 50 pts if with 5%, 20 pts for within 20% 10 pts for within 40%
I'll be taking the data from www.climate-uk.com for these figures. But, watch out, I might change to the Hadley figures for other months 666
- 1, What will be the highest temperature recorded this month in the UK? 50 pts if within .2C, 20 pts if within 1C, 10 pts if within 2C
- 2, What will be the lowest temperature recorded this month in the UK? 50 pts if within .2C, 20 pts if within 1C, 10 pts if within 2C
- 3, What will be the global temperature anomaly according to the Hadley Centre Hadcrut3 dataset (http://hadobs.metoffice.com/hadcrut3/diagnostics/global/nh+sh/monthly )? 50 pts if with .03C, 30 pts if within .1C 10 pts if within .2C
- 4, What will be the lowest pressure recorded in the N Atlantic/Europe region this month? 50 pts if within 5mb, 20 pts if within 10 mb 10 pts if within 20 mb
Answer for these question will be based on whatever data I can find, here or elsewhere - official stations only.
- And a 'bonus bonus' of 25 pts will be awarded for getting any two questions spot on.
All welcome to give it a try, the more the better really :) I guess entries should be in by the end of the month, but it's Christmas, it's late so just this time say by January 1st [y]
Now, back to the sprouts [hehe] as if...