Almost forgot! I'll try and get the Hune scores done in the next few days.
Just select two locations in the UK & Ireland which you think will score highest for that month in each category. Points will be awarded as follows:
Top location - 5pts
2nd top - 3pts
within top 10 - 1pt
In addition there will be bonus questions with scoring explained in each case
I will be using a combination of data from the Bournemouth Echo and the MetO to score - with MetO data over-riding that given by the Echo should these disagree regarding UK locations (only the Echo includes Irish stations). Should such data not be available I will use Ogimet and/or Met Eirean as applicable.
The data is published each day in the 'UK & Ireland Daily Extremes ' forum - and it'd probably worth while having a flick through previous years to get an idea of which locations feature most often.
Most, but not all, locations also feature in the weatheronline data which I've used in previous years.
Note that only locations listed in each days summary as published on UKww will count! If Gravesend is the warmest place in the country and for some reason it doesn't appear, then tough! Some locations are used by the MetO but not the Echo and therefore may only feature if they are the warmest etc - ie they may not pick up and 2nd place points etc
You have until midnight 31st July to get your entries in
So, for August 2009, please select 2 locations for each of the following:
1) Warmest in UK & Ireland
2) Coldest in UK & Ireland
3) Wettest in UK & Ireland
1) What will be the highest temp recorded in the UK & Ireland in August 2009? 10pts if within 0.5c; 5pts if with 1c; 1pt if within 2c
2) What will be the lowest temp recorded in the UK & Ireland in August 2009? 10pts if within 0.5c; 5pts if with 1c; 1pt if within 2c
3) How many days will anywhere in the UK record 30c or higher during August? 10pts if correct; 5pts if with 1 day; 1pt if within 2 days
4) Will anywhere in the British Isles (excluding high level stations) record a minimum temperature below 0c in August? 10pts if correct
5) How many days will the Maximum temperature recorded in the British Isles in August be below 22c? 10pts if correct, 5pts if within 1 day; 1pt is within 2 days
6) Will the average rainfall in England (per MetO) for August be above, equal to or below that for July? 10pts if correct
7) Will the highest daily recorded rainfall in England (per MetO) in August be above, equal to or below 100mm? 10pts if correct8) Will the average hours of sunshine for Scotland (per MetO) in August be above, equal to or below that for England? 10pts if correct