The last one!
Just select two locations in the UK & Ireland which you think will score highest for that month in each category. Points will be awarded as follows:
Top location - 5pts
2nd top - 3pts
within top 10 - 1pt
In addition there will be bonus questions with scoring explained in each case
I will be using a combination of data from the Bournemouth Echo and the MetO to score - with MetO data over-riding that given by the Echo should these disagree regarding UK locations (only the Echo includes Irish stations). Should such data not be available I will use Ogimet and/or Met Eirean as applicable.
The data is published each day in the 'UK & Ireland Daily Extremes ' forum - and it'd probably worth while having a flick through previous years to get an idea of which locations feature most often.
Most, but not all, locations also feature in the weatheronline data which I've used in previous years.
Note that only locations listed in each days summary as published on UKww will count! If Gravesend is the warmest place in the country and for some reason it doesn't appear, then tough! Some locations are used by the MetO but not the Echo and therefore may only feature if they are the warmest etc - ie they may not pick up and 2nd place points etc
You have until midnight 30th November to get your entries in
So, for December 2009, please select 2 locations for each of the following:
1) Warmest in UK & Ireland
2) Coldest in UK & Ireland
3) Wettest in UK & Ireland
1) What will be the highest temp recorded in the UK & Ireland in December 2009? 10pts if within 0.5c; 5pts if with 1c; 1pt if within 2c
2) What will be the lowest temp recorded in the UK & Ireland in December 2009? 10pts if within 0.5c; 5pts if with 1c; 1pt if within 2c
3) How many days will somewhere in the UK (excluding high level stations) record an air frost (-0.1c or lower) during December? 10pts if correct; 5pts if with 1 day; 1pt if within 2 days
4) What will be the maximum temperature in the British Isles on 25th December? 10pts if within 0.5c; 5pts if with 1c; 1pt if within 2c
5) Will it be an official White Christmas in London? 10pts if correct
6) Will it be an official White Christmas in Edinburgh? 10pts if correct
7) Will it be an official White Christmas in Belfast? 10pts if correct
8) Will it be an official White Christmas in Cardiff? 10pts if correct